I had read about soup swaps in a past issue of Edible Seattle, and couldn’t wait to round up half a dozen of my soup-loving friends. Our first swap was this last Sunday. Everyone brought six – one quart containers of a favorite homemade soup, and we left with six future dinners to store in our freezers for the busy, winter nights ahead. In between, we had pumpkin hot toddies and cake, shared more info about the soups we made, and enjoyed each other’s company.
Our haul of soups included:
- halibut cheese chowder with poppyseed parmesan croutons
- chicken and black bean enchilada
- split pea with cheesey crostinis
- carrot and ginger
- corn, wild rice and sausage
- coconut red lentil
- Albondigas (Mexican meatballs)
We are already looking forward to our second swap in January. My Thanksgiving started early with this wonderful celebration of sharing food and friendship. Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful as well!